Pinky in the Maldives - 2nd week of December 2019

Pinky took an enchanting walk while on her trip to the Maldives with her friend and host Anastasia. She got to appear on several wonderful pictures showing stunning plants, flowers and landscapes. She even met a local hermit crab resident and went on a sunset boat tour! I'm so happy and grateful that she had the opportunity to travel to such a magnificent place and experience all these things! It's so different from Canada!

Here's the latest message that I received from Nastya about their vacation in this little paradise :

"Hi! Sorry I didn’t write to you for so long. It’s just I’m so used to the Maldives for we go here every year that I didn’t find my days interesting enough to share them with Pinky! Though today  I thought: well, it’s Pinky’s first time on the islands so why don’t I spend my walk with her she must find it thrilling and exciting. I hope she did.

I needed to send some postcards to my family and friends so I went for a walk to the reception. It’s very close to our villa but I decided to walk around the island because I enjoy it much more than just going directly to the needed place!

What I find fascinating about the Maldives is its nature. It truly is gorgeous. On our way to the reception we stopped by some flowers and trees to take pictures. I don’t know their names but I want to search them on the internet. Then I decided to walk through the garden. They used to grow passion fruits there, it’s out favorite fruit but we discovered our love for it only a few months ago and now they’re gone from the garden! It’s extremely expensive in Russia so we eat it here from time to time. 

In the garden I captured Pinky with some beautiful flowers (not as beautiful as her though :)...). As you can see the raindrops are still on the petals because it has been raining a lot. Tropical rain is always fast-going and warm. Right now it’s not the rain season but it still rains sometimes. I love it and run around letting the drops fall on me :) 

Then we turned to the beach to see the water villas - the most expensive ones! They have a beautiful view here, lucky people!  We met a shy guy there! Let’s call him Nikita (it’s a Russian name) the Hermit crab! He felt very awkward and didn’t want to come out so we let him go. Well, not all creatures are sociable! We just let him know he’s handsome and we respect his feelings :)

Next stop - a calm bar. People stay here in the evening but as for me I walk during the day so I was completely alone. Well, not alone, Pinky was my precious company! :) We tried a new cocktail - Reethi Fruit Punch. It consist of pineapple, mango and orange juice with grenadine. It was amazing! As you may notice, paper straws are used here because it’s better for the environment.  Before finally going to the reception we stopped at the swing corner to enjoy music and the ocean view. I hope Pinky fancies my music taste :) 

Our destination was reached and I took a picture with a very important statement: don’t step on the corals! It’s written in many languages so everyone knows it. Standing on corals harm them. Even though the corals near this hotel are mostly dead, people still try to save them. Unfortunately, I can’t show Pinky the underwater world... it’s wonderful and worth seeing! We go snorkeling every day and have met most of the creatures: spotted eagle rays, sharks, muraenas, turtles, octopuses, starfishes... and different kinds of fish of course! 

Also, yesterday we went on a sunset boat trip. We couldn’t actually see the sunset because it was cloudy but we enjoyed our little voyage around the atoll! Ours is named Baa. Pinky had fun :)

Right now Pinky and I are browsing the web at the reception and soon we will go home to read a book.

Hope you have an amazing day,
Nastya"

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ivan and Masha in Canada - Summer outings - August 2020

Ivan and Masha explore the touristic area of downtown Ottawa - August 1st 2020 (part 1)

Ivan and Masha explore the touristic area of downtown Ottawa - August 1st 2020 (part 2)